Women's Bible Study
Wednesday mornings 9:30am – 11:30am
Sep 11, 18, 25
Oct 2, 9, 16, 23
Nov 6, 13, 20
God Calls Us to a Deeper Relationship with Him through the Prophets
If we consider that God is the Divine Bridegroom and the Church is his Bride, then the prophets can be seen as “spiritual marriage counselors.” They afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted, calling us to return to our covenant relationship with God. They urge us to repentance, warn us of the dangers of sin, and announce the blessings of faithfulness.
Their prophetic words speak to us even today, as they draw us closer to our God.
$35 registration fee includes book, study materials and internet access to the videos. If cost is a concern, or for more information, please contact Roberta Balsewicz at email@example.com.
Register by Friday, August 30.
When do they meet/serve?
Women’s Bible Study meets most Wednesdays from 9:30am to 11:30am from September through April. Commit to the entire 24 sessions or join us mid-way through the year. Snow-birding this year, job change, or just made time…..join us! The study is designed to allow participants to join when their schedule allows with internet access available for make-up sessions (but not required).
Who is invited to participate?
Women who desire to learn more about God’s Word or seek community in the Church.
What volunteer opportunities are there?
- Core Team member
- Weekly Small Group Facilitator
- Weekly contributor to hospitality and/or worship
What is the time commitment?
- Core team member: weekly leaders' meeting (2 hours) and weekly session (2 hours), plus 2 hours per week for planning and preparation
- Small Group Facilitator: Weekly leader’s meeting (2 hrs) in addition to participation
- Hospitality/Worship: Extra 1⁄2 hour before or after weekly sessions
What skills are required?
Desire to learn more about God’s word in fellowship with other women
Is any training required? If so, what does that look like?
- Core team member: previous participation in a Bible Study.
- Weekly facilitator: attend weekly leaders’ meeting
- Hospitality/Worship: Willingness to help with the organization