Baptism for Infants (Newborn to 6 years old)
- You must be a registered parishioner of Holy Spirit Catholic Community for three months prior to the baptismal date. To register for the parish click here.
- Complete the online Baptism Registration Form.
- Attend a Baptism Preparation 2-part Workshop at Holy Spirit within the past three years and at least two weeks prior to the Baptism Ceremony Date. Classes are held three times a year, and meet on Friday nights from 7:00pm - 8:30pm and on Saturdays from 10:00 am to noon. Both parents are expected to attend both sessions of this adult’s only workshop. To register complete the online Baptism Preparation Workshop Registration.
- Baptisms are celebrated on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month except during Lent. Up to eight children are baptized at one celebration.
- One male sponsor or one female sponsor or one of each according to canon law.
- Must have received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- At least 16 years old and a practicing Catholic. Click here for eligibility form. Must be received in Liturgy Office 2 weeks prior to baptism.
- Must submit a copy of confirmation certificate 2 weeks prior to baptism.
- Neither parent of the child may be a godparent.
- A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclesial community can be a Christian witness to the baptism provided there is one Catholic godparent who meets the above requirements. Click here for Christian Witness form. Must be received in Liturgy Office 2 weeks prior to baptism.
For questions regarding infant baptisms please contact Karen Asiyanbi in the Parish Office by phone 630.922.0081 ext 30 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Baptism Dates - All Baptisms are celebrated on Sundays
- May 6, 2018 at 12:30pm
- May 20, 2018 at 12:30pm
- June 17, 2018 at 12:30pm
- July 1, 2018 at 12:30pm
- July 15, 2018 at 12:30pm
- August 5, 2018 at 12:30pm
- August 19, 2018 at 12:30pm
- September 2, 2018 at 12:30pm
- September 16, 2018 at 12:30pm
- October 7, 2018 at 12:30pm
- October 21, 2018 at 12:30pm
- November 4, 2018 at 12:30pm
- November 18, 2018 at 12:30pm
- December 2, 2018 at 12:30pm
- December 16, 2018 at 12:30pm
Non-Infant Baptism (7 years and older)
Please contact Roberta Balsewicz at 630.922.0081 ext 34 or by email email@example.com for more information so that we can personally connect with you to create an individualized plan to welcome you into the Church!