Evening Bible Study
The Great Adventure
Wednesdays 7:00-8:30pm - Sep 13, 2017 - Dec 2018 (Approximately twice a month (with the summer off)
The Bible Timeline is a fascinating 24 part study that takes you on a journey through the entire Bible. Go deep into each period of salvation history and discover the amazing story woven throughout all of Scripture. Learn the major people, places, and events of the Bible and how they all come together to reveal the remarkable story of our Faith.
$40 registration fee includes a workbook, study materials and internet access for make-up materials.
RSVP by Wed, Sep 6. For more information, contact Roberta Balsewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-922-0081 Ext. 34.
As we see in the Gospels, Jesus taught His disciples in small groups. Although He could have preached to millions at a time, He chose a small group to teach, prepare, and empower His closest followers for ministry. He calls us all to discipleship in the same way.
Fellowship with one another is significant in Bible studies. Here are the top ten reasons shared by participants like you, demonstrating the value of small group Bible study:
- It builds community and belonging in our parish.
- It develops real friendships in Christ.
- It is a community of love in my church that can overcome any challenge.
- Bible study creates fellowship with other people who have similar beliefs.
- It gives us a safe place to work out our personal faith/life issues.
- We allow ourselves a structured, scheduled time to refocus our lives on the Lord.
- Participants discover other people in the community who can help them on my journey.
- Shows how God reacts to our human ways and fosters personal self-reflection.
- It helps us to accept others and ourselves as flawed human beings striving towards God.
- The example of others in the group inspires us to do better.
Often, this small group dynamic proves to be one of the greatest added benefits of the study. This type of faith sharing in the Body of Christ helps build community and strong relationships, and it strengthens each person on many levels, so much so that many people couldn’t imagine the study without it!