Baptism for Infants (Newborn to 6 years old)
- You must be a registered parishioner of Holy Spirit Catholic Community for three months prior to the baptismal date. To register for the parish click here.
- Complete the online Baptism Registration Form.
- Attend a Baptism Preparation 2-part Workshop at Holy Spirit within the past three years and at least two weeks prior to the Baptism Ceremony Date. Classes are held three times a year, and meet from 7:00-8:30pm on week nights, and if it falls on a Saturday, from 10-11:30am.
- Both parents are expected to attend this adult’s only workshop.
- To register complete the online Baptism Preparation Workshop Registration.
- Baptisms are celebrated on the 1st and 2nd Sunday of each month except during Lent. Up to four children are baptized at one celebration. (subject to change)
- One male godparent and one female godparent or just one according to canon law.
- Must have received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- At least 16 years old and a practicing Catholic. Click here for eligibility form. Must be received in Liturgy Office 2 weeks prior to baptism.
- Must submit a copy of confirmation certificate along with the eligibility form – 2 weeks ahead.
- Parents may not be godparents.
- A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic, Christian church can be a Christian witness to the baptism provided there is one Catholic godparent who meets the above requirements. Click here for Christian Witness form.
- Must submit the eligibility form – 2 weeks ahead.
- A baptized Catholic MAY NOT be a Christian witness.
NOTE: A Catholic who does not meet all of the above requirements may not be a godparent or a witness.
For questions regarding infant baptisms please contact the Parish Office by phone 630.922.0081 ext 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Baptism Dates
|October 3, 10
November 7, 14
December 5, 12
|January 2, 9
February 6, 13
May 1, 2
June 5, 12
July 3, 10
August 7, 14
September 4, 11
October 2, 9
November 6, 13
December 4, 11
A Fee of $100.00 should be made out to Holy Spirit Catholic Community. This will help offset the costs of the church cleaning and disinfecting supplies. A Free Will offering is suggested for the the officiant of the Baptism.
Non-Infant Baptism (7 years and older)
Please contact Roberta Balsewicz at 630.922.0081 ext 234 or by email email@example.com for more information so that we can personally connect with you to create an individualized plan to welcome you into the Church!